Are you an attorney with solid experience in negotiation and mediation advocacy? Would you like to take that experience to a whole new level, so you can:
- Maximize negotiation and mediation's value to both you and your client?
- Learn how to deal with the toughest challenges in negotiation and mediation?
- Hone your skills by exchanging ideas and experiences with your peers of other top negotiators and advocates in mediation?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, then the Negotiation and Mediation Advocacy Breakfast Forum is for you.
Negotiation and Mediation Advocacy Breakfast Forum is a regular breakfast workshop for discussion, dialogue, and information/experience exchange with attorneys like you – attorneys who have depth in negotiation and mediation advocacy, and want to do everything they can to optimize outcomes.
Mediator/facilitator Paul Fisher will lead a dynamic discussion focused on the most current cases in negotiation and mediation advocacy, the issues you bring to the table.
Additional issues to be covered over time include:
- How to deal with the difficult client and opposing counsel at the mediation.
- Preparing effectively for mediation.
- Briefs: are they beneficial? Worth the effort? Exchanged or confidential?
- Maximizing the benefits of the mediator.
- Joint session: To have or have not; when to avoid, and why.
- Dealing with the really tough issues in mediation.
- The mediator's role: Beyond basics to the exotic.
- Documenting the settlement: From the basics through up to the moment critical; ie. what "magic words" are absolutely necessary to make the settlement agreement enforceable?
- Enabling the mediator to make you look great in front of your client.
11377 W. Olympic Blvd., 9th Floor.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
* If you are interested in attending a Negotiation and Mediation Advocacy Breakfast Forum and the W. L. A. location is geographically challenging, contact Paul. If there are sufficient interested qualified persons in your community a Negotiation and Mediation Advocacy Breakfast Forum can be scheduled in your community.
|Series Schedule:||Focus Area
|Tuesday, January 29, 2008||General civil
|Wednesday, March 26, 2008||Business & real estate, general civil
|Wednesday, June 11, 2008||Highly emotionally-driven conflicts, general civil
|Tuesday, September 16, 2008||Construction, insurance, general civil
|Tuesday, November 18, 2008||Probate-conservatorships-trusts, general civil
Breakfast/Schmoozing: 7:00 am - 7:30 am
Workshop: 7:30 am - 8:30 am
Space is limited. By invitation only.
CLE: Paul Fisher is a California State Bar CLE provider and certifies that this activity has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of California for 1 hour CLE credit, including .5 hour Ethics.
Cost: breakfast is free. Parking available on Purdue adjacent to the building. Parking in the building at nominal charge.